Monday 21 October 2019

October Rain (October 16, 2018)

Hello Darkness
My old lover
We meet
Once more.

As the Heavens
Open up
With frigid tears
On my face.

Soul cries out
For justice
So long denied
In coming.

Forgotten
What true freedom means
Against the repression
I've lived.

Voice muted
Shouting
Against the sins
You've hid behind.

Words - pale shadow
Of what they were
Not so long ago.

When I stood up
In counting myself
Among your foes.

Now
Nothing more
Than a faded memory.

Like autumn's
Fallen leaves
Filling my soulscape
With their colourful display.

As I wipe
These tainted reflections
From my soul.

Therisa © 2019  

Author's note: I started writing this, as another October storm drenched Toronto, in rain. Darkening my mood, to stay in bed today. As I worked on various poems.

1 comment:

R's Rue said...

Love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...