Monday 21 October 2019

Long And Windy Road (October 21, 2019)

My feet
Firmly entrenched
On the lonely road
Of exile.

From a world
That I once breathed
And drank in
On a daily basis.

Where one's soul
Does mourn
Life's little things
Taken for granted.

Like the sweet perfume
Of a blossoming rose
After a harsh winter
Filled with snow and ice.

Smiles shared
So innocently
With total strangers
At nature's beauty.

Now - distance memory
Never again
To grace
One's scent of smell.

Concrete canyons
Dominate the emerging vista
That stands before me.

As I search
For a new place
To call home
For my beating heart.

Therisa © 2019

Author's note: Something that wrote itself, in 20 minutes. Finding a title for this poem? That's an entirely different kettle of fish! Sigh.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...