Monday 7 October 2019

Do You Know? (September 22, 2019)



Tears flow
As Diana Ross' vocals
Touches my soul
With her musical questions.

Young child
Naively believing
All of life
Is explainable.

No obstacle
Insurmountable.

Yet
Left doubting
Decisions made.

Lifetime
Of scrapes bruises
And scars.

Chasing heartfelt need
Few understand
Personal sacrifices made.

Leaving behind
Everything
For true happiness.

Answering questions
Asked - so long ago
As a child.

Therisa © 2019  

Author's note: For more than 40 years, the Theme From Mahogany, has been an earwig that refused to leave me. Often, asking myself, these very same questions, without an answer. For the record, I have never seen the movie, Mahogany, but am curious about it. Knowing, its a vehicle to showcase Diana Ross.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...