Tuesday 20 November 2018

My Emotional Days (November 20, 2018)

It's November 20th
Is possibly
Third hardest emotional day
On the calendar
After July 1st
And November 15th.

July 1, 2006 (Canada Day)
Accidentally
Outed myself
To mom.

Let's just say
My apartment was
Slightly warmer
Than Antarctica winter storm
From her reaction.

As I tailspinned
Into month long bout
Of suicidal depression
That almost cost me
Everything.

And November 15th
Symbolic day
For death and rebirth
Spiritually and physically.

November 15, 1998
Around 9:50 pm
Dad was declared dead
Surviving almost 36 hours
Without life support.

Two days prior
He suffered
A fatal heart attack.

Although
Revived by paramedics
He was brain dead.

Seven years later
Unseasonably warm
November day.

Standing over dad's grave
Broke down and cried
In admitting my true self
A transgender woman
Therisa was reborn.

Sigh.

And now
Day of Transgender
Remembrance.

Scared
I'll hear names
Of people
That I know.

Recalling
My own brushes
With death
By other people.

Therisa © 2018

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...