Tuesday 20 November 2018

Claiming My Soul (October 27, 2018)

Times
Find myself
Emotionally/mentally paralyzed
Blame game playing.

Moves/things
Should've done differently
Mentally flailing my soul
Dark bloody rivulets
Mars my soulscape.

Each rivulet
Different “what if”
Or “should've done this”
Scenario unfolding.

Guilty conscience byproduct
Indelible inked numbers
Tattooed on soul.

Should've stopped
Bullying and abuse.

Poisonous game/trap
Inviting self-pity
Corroding soul's foundation.

Spiralling downwards
Cruelest darkness
Trapping one's soul.

Lashing out
Violence with violence
Admitting victory
Hate filled people.

This isn't
Who I am
As a person
Fought hard against.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: As finishing this poem, I saw on CBC.ca, the shocking news about Pittsburgh’s Synagogue murders, this morning. I won't pretend to know, what motivates such a hate crime. To the families of all victims, I offer my condolences, in this time of sorrow.

Sadly, placing armed guards around places of worship, won't solve this anger/intolerance that some people have to others, who are different. As a Canadian looking in, outside the United States, I don't see this happening any time soon. Where love and compassion guide people’s hearts, instead of hatred and violence.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...