Saturday 28 December 2019

Seasonal Blahs (December 22, 2019)

Damn it!

Crying jags
Already worsening
My depressed state.

Spontaneous tears
At the slightest of things.

Like a dam bursting
On a heavy spring melt
Swollen river
Without warning.

Destroying all
With its torrential current
Flooding nearby land.

Cutting out
From underneath me
What limited support
I've left.

Floundering
To keep my head
Above the frigid water
As my body threatens
To shut down.

Knowing
All too well
What repercussions
Await me.

Shall I fail
And surrender
To fate.

Witnessed
By the passage
Of bloated carcasses
In the raging river
Around me.

Therisa © 2019  

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...