Saturday 28 December 2019

Complicated (December 27, 2019)


I sit
On the bed's edge
Soulsearchin'
For that missing part
Deep within.

Clasping my face
Tears flow
Into darkness.

Personally
Held Satan's hand
A broken wretch
Before His feet.

Seeking guidance
After cast aside
Damned to Hell
By God's followers.

In sharing
My truth.

Told - have to pay
For my "cure"
By a family member.

When I sought love
And support.

Finding only
Ignorance and fear
In return.

Having played
By the rules
You've set.

Costing me 
My everyday life
And mental health.

Struggling
To rebuild myself
In my own image.

Never sure
If I'm reading
The proper manual.

Forced to improvise
What it means
To be female.

In these transitional times
I find myself
Living in.

Therisa © 2019 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...