Saturday 28 December 2019

Forbidden Knowledge (December 16, 2019)


How do I tell you
Am so tired
Of constant lying
Who I am.


Filling my soul
With half-truths
That eat away
At me.


Like drops of acid
Destroying my soulscape
Word by word
From your mouth.


Until
Nothing is left
To grasp on
As my own.


This mortal sin
I have committed
In seeking
Life's meaning.


Knowing
There's no turning back
To where
I've come from.


Damning myself
By existing
For all eternity
In your judging eyes.


Where the cure
Is a price
Worse than death
For my disease.


No matter
How I justify this
On a personal level
To myself.


This mortal sin
I have committed 
In seeking
Life's meaning.


As tears flow
Blinding my eyes
To the ones 
Who matter the most.


Drowning
Within a mælstrom
Of self-loathing
And anger.


A vicious circle
That knows
No end
Until death.


As my body
Lays before you
For that final time
Before eternity.


This mortal sin
In seeking
Life's meaning.


Therisa © 2019


Author's note: There are times, I need to release my inner Gothic child. This is one of those times.
Doesn't help, I had Evanescence's My Immortal, as an earwig, for Sunday and today, in my mind. 

Before you ask, I'm not feeling suicidal, or anywhere need being so. Sometimes, a
poem/song forces its way, on to paper. Only stopping when fully written, regardless of
the quality of the writing.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...