Tuesday 9 July 2019

Surviving The Age Of Trump (July 9, 2019)

Know
People will disagree 
What I'm writing. 


Never comfortable 
With strong courageous 
Or inspiration label. 


Reluctantly
Accept survivor.


Often struggle
Understanding
What life means.


Placing others 
Ahead of myself
Guilty - saying "no".


As if
Personal ethics 
Morally wrong.


And yet 
Moral toughness
Necessity requires. 


To survive intact
Balancing contradictory needs
Without losing my soul.


Especially 
During this age
Of demagoguery.


People like myself
Society views
As weak.


Therisa © 2019

Author’s note: Those who read my poetry, know that I’m very emotional. Especially, over the past 6 weeks, have found me, more often than not, balling my eyes out, over the despicable conditions of the US detention centers, around its southern border. I know the Trump administration and its supporters, will disagree with the correct usage of concentration comps, which thousands of Latin American are being held, in barbaric conditions, not seen, since the liberation of the Nazi Concentration Camps of WWII. A scene, no one wants to witness again.

2 comments:

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry Blue Sky said...

I simply cannot believe that, not only are people apparently okay with it, the ones executing the orders are acting so barbarically. I cant believe this is happening in North America. A new low for humankind.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...