Tuesday 2 July 2019

New Beginnings (July 1, 2019)

Not sure 
Why sudden tears 
Fill my eyes. 


Could it be 
A memory 
Of what I've lost 
In gaining this space 
For myself.


Seeking a place 
To call my own 
Without violence. 


Allowing dark memories 
Proper burial
Where they belong.


The past.


As Canada celebrates
It's independence
On July 1st. 


Therisa © 2019


Author's note: July 1st, marks the 13th anniversary of my accidental outing to my mom, after telling her that I wanted the holiday long weekend, by myself. Like usual, she refused to accept the boundaries, I wanted between us. Claiming I sounded depressed. Reality is, I am constantly living my life, depressed. Just that she hasn't noticed this fact of life. Truthfully, I didn't want to be around her, for the holiday weekend. 


Long story short, she rejected me, as her daughter. Sending me into a suicidal depression, which would cause me, my job and apartment. As I moved from Brampton (bedroom suburb) to a Toronto women's homeless shelter. 
I
Since July 3, 2007, I have been living at my current address, which my has visited twice, since then. Acting as a physical and mental boundary for me.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...