Thursday 7 June 2018

Just Being Me (June 7, 2018)

Throughout the years
You've been my anchor
That's held me
Upright.

During those stormy nights
My body awashed
Against the rocky shores
Of life.

When Death stood
By my side
A constant companion
During the dark years.

Where gender identity
Is a littered battleground
With too many bodies stolen
Before their time.

As baby blue
And passionate pink tears
Flow together
In a bitter white stream.

Want to scream
At the top of my voice
“Fuck you assholes"
To all of society.

But know
Society will never understand
My anger and hurt
I'm releasing.

A body trapped
Between two genders
Never fully one
Or the other.

And yet
You've been
The one
I've sought out.

Knowing
The crippling barriers
Society has erected
Against someone
Like myself.

In transitioning
Like a butterfly
From the cocoon
Of my male pupa.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: I would like to remind everyone that the “T” in LGBTQ+, stands for transgender, which many people forget. When they talk about issues that affects the entire community, a whole. As if, we’re the forgotten sibling, when talking about equality for all members of the LGBTQ+ community. Please remember this, as your local community celebrates PRIDE.


No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...