Saturday 30 June 2018

The Unlit Candle (June 21, 2018)

With every whispered word
My soul grows
In a spotlight of hope
That's shines upon me
Reflecting an inner truth
Bigger than any of us.

And yet
I grope around
As if
I'm totally blind
Unable to see
The world before me.

Where shadows are
Half formed dream visions
Of what might be
As I close my eyes
Seeing for the very first time
My real self.

Like a baby
Learning to walk
My outstretched hand
Reaches for the unknown
Never sure
If I will fall.

My legs want to run
Before I can walk
Carrying me
To distance shores
And lands
Within myself.

In seeking
An inner light
Where truth and peace
Shine like an inner beacon
Guiding my passage
Through life.

Therisa © 2018

Author’s note: Another poem, for this year’s Pride Poetry.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...