Wednesday 22 March 2017

Depression (January 16, 2014)

Sigh.
 
A dense mental fog
Swirls before my mind
Embracing me
Within its pea soup consistency.
 
Dulling everything
Around me.
 
Draining life's
Rich palette of colours
That were once
Bright and vibrant.
 
Turning my world
Into a monotone orb
Of grayness.
 
Wanting to scream out
In angry protest
But nothing emergences
From my lips.
 
Except
A feeble cough
Or two.
 
Sinking
Ever further
Into the darker depth
Of myself.
 
Where sleep becomes
A weapon to use
Against me
By you.
 
As you play
With my emotions
Like a skilled concert pianist does
With a Mozart concerto
Before an enraptured audience.
 
Knowing
The crescendo is
Still to come
Before your departure date
Arrivals.

Therisa © 2014

Author's note: Another poem taken, from my poetic vault, which deals with my constant battle with depression, and its influence over me.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...