Saturday 7 September 2019

September Storms (September 3, 2019)

You don't understand
Why I'm so political
In expressing myself.


Simple answer.


Am fighting
For my human rights
And personal survival.


Western society has
Systematically discriminated
On religious/moral grounds.


Regardless
What you think
Of my personal entitlement.


Discrimination - on a daily basis
Very real fact of life.


Having been threatened
Verbally physically
And emotionally
With violence.


Recently this summer
Verbal threats
Of physical violence.


Walking to
Local supermarket
For groceries.


Within Canada's
Medical community
Transphobia is
Alive and kicking.


How they treat us
As patients
(Or don't treat us.)


LGBTQ+ only clinics 
Been created
In some Canadian cities
Like Toronto.


Else educating doctors
On medications
Needed for transitioning.


Having been poisoned
By a potassium overdose
From my diabetic
And HRT medication.


Threatening
Long term health
Of my kidneys.


Before you think
I'm exaggerating things
Only look southwards
To the US.


Rapid deterioration
Of trans' protections/rights
At the state/federal level.


Question of time
Before this hate
Takes Canadian root.


Remember
No one thought
Hitler would gain
Outright control
Of Weimar Germany
In 1933.

Therisa © 2019

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...