Monday 1 October 2018

My Story, Part 2 (September 30, 2018)

Warning: Contains material that some may find offensive.

People will say
I'm bandwagon jumping
#MeToo movement.

Realizing
I've experienced
Sexual harassment
Without knowing it.

Often
Joking manner
Putting me down
Derogatory remarks.

Criticized
Too thin skinned
Told lighten up-laugh.

My existence/thoughts
Don't matter
Beyond the punchline.

Worse
Sexual taunts
Intermixing physical blows
Accompanying motions
Pantomiming oral sex.

As if
I wanted them
This sexual manner
I don't.

Laughing-leaving me
Crying battered wreck
They head home.

Silenced memories dismissed
Another trans-bashing
Experienced.

Therisa © 2018

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So painful. I am glad you can write about it, and hope it brings some release.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...