Monday 28 May 2018

There Can Only Be One (May 14, 2018)

"There’s no time for us
There's no place for us
....”

Who Wants To Live Forever
Queen

Tears roll down
My face
As Freddie sings
Bringing back memories
Of a distance time
So long ago.

A time of true innocence
And naivety
When we thought
We could overcome everything
That life could throw
At us.

No barrier
Too high or big
Which we couldn't surpass
In true elegance.

Like Freddie
You are gone too.

Leaving behind
Nothing but memories
My heart plays.

Of my head
Resting against you
As you comfort me
In my sleep
During a brutal flashback.

Your soothing voice
An anchor for my soul
On those dark nights
That threaten to consume me.

Holding
This fragile soulscape
To the here and now
With your grace.

Building a bridge
Over my troubled waters
Allowing me
To take the next steps
In my healing journey.

Bless you
Sheila.

May your soul
Always walk
In the light.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: Sheila was there for me, during my time at the homeless shelter and the next two years afterwards. As I struggled with severe anxiety/panic attacks, chronic depression, suicide attempts, and brutal PTSD flashbacks.

Squeak and Venus’s mom, Mercury was named in honour of Freddie Mercury, who Sheila was a huge fan of. As for Venus’s name, I just followed with the first planetary name that came to me, Venus. And yes, she has been the Goddess of Love to me.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...