Friday 2 June 2017

Waves Of Healing (June 2, 2017)



Bittersweet tears
Steam down
My face.

As the soundtrack
Of my teenage years
Plays full blast
In my mind.

Building
A wall of sound
That surrounds
My soul.

In keeping
The darkness
Away.

Trying to restore
That innocent stolen
From me
By fear and hate.

Singing
Of empowerment
And healing
For all.

Bleeding away
One note
At a time
My sorrows.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: I know, some people call the music of the 1980s, a wasteland, but for me, it was the soundtrack of my coming of age, as a person, and what I stand for, politically, spiritually,  emotionally, and how I define myself.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...