Friday 10 March 2017

An Unintentional Path (March 10, 2017)

Must believe me
When I say
That I am
No one special.

Just a hurting soul
Seeking out 
A way to heal
What has been damaged
Over the years.

In using poetry
As one of my therapies
To do so.

Please understand
My experiences
Don't speak
For the entire
Trans-community.

Rather 
An extreme end
Of the spectrum.

Where 
Violence has left
It's indelible mark
In scarring us.

Whether 
It be physical
Emotional 
Psychological
Or sexually.

In daring
To be 
Our true self.

In uniting
Our souls and bodies
As a whole.

Instead of
The fractured 
Puzzle pieces
We are.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Never sought, to become, a spokesperson, for the trans-community, as a whole, with my poetry, to the cis world. Rather, as a means to heal myself, from the repressed memories of abuse, from my childhood, and later on, in my life, as I came out of the closet, as being, a trans-lesbian. 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...