Friday 21 October 2016

October's Tears (October 21, 2016)

That time
Of the year
Is fast approaching
For me.

When
Personal
And season darkness
Claims me.

As I sink
Into a downward spiral
Of pain and sadness.

Marking
The beginning
Of my SAD season
Until January.

Before
It clears up
Slowly.

Wish
I could say
Death doesn't play
A huge part
In my life.

But
It does.

As the raindrops
From a mid-October storm
Bathe my face
In wetness.

Hiding
The tears
From everyone's
Sight.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: It's 10 days, before Halloween, and the fall rains have started, in part of the Great Lakes basin, stopping, only when the rain turns to snow, some time, in November/December. The 10 days from November 11th (Remembrance Day) to 20th (Day Of Trans-Remembrance), are about the darkness days, of the calendar, for me. With November 15th, being the anniversary date of my dad's death, in 1998. Also, the anniversary date of my self-acceptance of who I am, Therisa, in 2005, As I stood over, my dad's grave, crying, on a very mid-November day, when I realized, an inner true that I have been suppressing, since August 1977, I am female.

1 comment:

lynn__ said...

I think a lot of us feel a changing mood as the days grow shorter and the weather dreary. My sympathy to you, remembering the loss of your dad.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...