Tuesday 28 June 2016

Ghost Dancing (August 11, 2014)

Among the shadows
My feet move
Crossing the plane
Of life.
 
Shuffling
In and out
The memory stream
With each step taken.
 
Stirring up
Long forgotten sensations
While my body moves
Between consciousness
And the Dream World.
 
Searching for answers
To questions
Never knew
Existed.
 
Seeking guidance
And wisdom
Where chaos
And doubt
Rule my soulscape.
 
To unite
What was whole
Once more.

Therisa © 2014

Author's note: Written, as I suffered, through, a three month bout of agoraphobia, during the summer of 2014.

6 comments:

Stacie Eirich said...

The end to this spills hope. I was drawn to "soulscape" and the shadows that danced through your words. Glad you came through pain with unity and light, and that you could fit it into a poem. Thanks for sharing.

brudberg said...

I love the sense here... dancing can be one of the best way to heal and find yourself.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Beautifully described - and the existence of this poem is evidence of triumph.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I love it! May I dance with you?

Marian said...

Argh, agorophobia! I'm very glad you came through that one.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the lines about your body moving between consciousness and the dream world.......and your "soulscape"....cool word..........this captures the dreamy state very well. agoraphobia is hard......glad you worked through it.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...