Tuesday 28 August 2018

Emotional Blues (August 26, 2018)

Damn it
There are times
Hate being emotional.

Sitting here
Fighting back tears
Streaking my face.

Knew-before HRT
This would happen
Amplified expodently
By mental illness.

Sigh.

Young child
You told me:

“Suck it
Act like a man.”

Honestly
Have tried
Daddy.

Almost killed me
Being your stoic son
Bottling the pain
Deep inside
Hiding suicide attempts.

Twenty years later
Since your death
Still conflicted.

Like you stole
Emotional support
I needed.

Therisa © 2018

1 comment:

Susan said...

With-holding loving a child truly needs is stealing, indeed! May your poetry be balm for the wounds of all who suffered this deprivation.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...