Wednesday 4 July 2018

When A Dysphoric Soul Speaks (June 29, 2018)

Times
My body fills
With dangerous self-loathing
To its “maleness”.

Feels wrong
Needing to remove
At all costs.

Battling society's perception
That boys are boys
And girls girls.

Never shall twain meet.

My dysphoric yelling
Open rebellion
To society's restrictive defining
Male and female?

Some call
My idealized self
Matching body to soul
Self-mutilated abomination.

Accepted
Without questioning sanity
Surgically altered bodies
For vain cosmetic reasons.

Please just push me
Off the bridge’s ledge
Into the traffic
Ending my misery.


Therisa © 2018

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...