Friday 13 July 2018

Poem Of Thanks (May 13. 2018)

We
All have
A biological female
Who contributes
Half of our DNA.

Not necessary
The woman
We call mom.

Within the trans community
Many of us
Have another woman
We honour
With this special title.

Not always
Biologically born
Female.

Who take us
Under their wing
As we blossom
From an unwanted weed
Into a beautiful flower.

Offering guidance
And wisdom
Whenever asked
Or needed.

Wiping away
Our sad bitter tears
With love and compassion
As we emerge
From our protective shelter.

Taking those
First tentative steps
In becoming
The man or woman
Denied to us
At birth.

From all of us
I give you
A very heartfelt
Thank you.

Happy Mother’s Day
Mom.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: Throughout my life, I have had many ‘moms' (both cis and transwomen), who have helped guide me, on the journey of self-discovery and acceptance of myself, as a person.


No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...