Tuesday 17 July 2018

Early Sunday Thoughts (July 15, 2018)

Acceptance
Is a hard task
When anger has fueled
The drive forward.

In moving
From that place
All souls go
Before the last dance.

Feeling like
You're betraying
A part of yourself
By doing so.

As a civil war rages
Deep within one's self
Which way
Does one turn?

Knowing
In what direction
Everything can change
In a heartbeat.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: Early Sunday morning thoughts. Not exactly sure, where I going right now, as I should be sleeping. My smartphone displays the time of 5:08 am.

Must be tired, as several lines of verse are rhyming. Sigh.

2 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

My thoughts are often chaotic these days. I don't fight that inner civil war as much as I once did.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

If you can't sleep, write a poem! Always a good thing to do (smile) particularly when in turmoil.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...