Thursday 18 January 2018

Moving Beyond Barriers (January 16, 2018)

Can feel it
Coursing through
My body.

Like a nervous energy.
Caustically
It burns my body
With its poisonous touch.

Turning strong muscles
Into piles of rubbery waste
Unable to move.

Battles thought won
Are being fought
Once more
For my mortal soul.

What once was
Taken for granted
And never questioned.

Now
A distant shore
Just beyond
My reach.

Moving steadily downwards
Into the prison cell
My apartment has become.

As anger
And self-hatred flows
Through my body
Like blood.

Dissolving the facade
That the world sees
Upon me.

As the tears flow
Both visible
And invisible
Down my face.

Lingering
Forever
Lingering.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: Just how I'm feeling feeling right now, as I struggle with mental illness.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...