Thursday 31 August 2017

Thursday morning thoughts (August 31, 2017)

Gray skies
Fills the morning view.

As if
Someone had forgotten
To tell Mother Nature
It's still summertime.

And not
Autumn.

Although
Next Tuesday
The kids go back
To school.

Are the falling tears
The raindrops
Of nature?

She sheds
Intermixed
With hope and lost
For the coming years.

Drowning us
In a seemingly endless deluge
A wall of water
That falls
Day after day.

Drenched
Like a colony
Of drowned rats
We crawl forward
Towards the tunnel
Of muted light.

Moving blindly
Into the muddle
We call
The future.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: My second new poem that I have written since July 1st.

1 comment:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading your poem. Well done.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...