Wednesday 7 December 2016

Upon The Front Lines (December 7, 2016)

My soul
Is the battleground
Upon which
A war is 
Being waged.

Fought
Among multiple fronts
Simultaneously
For control.

Every exploding shell
Renders my soulscape
Into a thousand 
Jagged piercing shards.

Each front
A different element
Of my universe
Bursting forth
Into thick acrid smoke.

Threatening
To choke
My existence
Out.

Like
A battle weary soldier
My soul seeks
A permanent ceasefire
Ending all hostilities.

Knowing
An unilateral surrender
Is tantamount to
A death sentence
For me.

One
I'm not prepare
To face
Just yet.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: A metaphor for how I am feeling right now.

7 comments:

Old Egg said...

Quite often the season has a lot to do with it.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

poignant. i feel your battle weariness yet i choose to fight on not for me but for our progeny and Nature. gracias

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Like
A battle weary soldier
My soul seeks
A permanent ceasefire
Ending all hostilities.


Sigh.. may peace be with you Therisa.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Therisa, I am so happy to see you linking, and sorry for the battle, which you describe so well. Yes, one wishes for a cease fire, but also cannot surrender. Stay strong, kiddo. Better days ahead.

brudberg said...

The closing of this is so strong... Ceasefire comes at a cost... which is what the makers of wars know too well.

Gillena Cox said...

Keep striving for peace of mind

Much love...

ZQ said...

"A unilateral surrender
Is tantamount to
A death sentence."
Sounds like an appropriate thing for the ego to do and release the soul to be in a new and confident life.
The topic is well covered in your piece... metaphorically speaking of course :)
ZQ

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...