Tuesday 13 December 2016

November 30. 2016 (December 13, 2016)

Since
The age of six
I have been told
To suck it up.

Whenever
It came
To strong emotions.

Thus
My angry outburst
During therapy
Shocked and angered
Me.

Feeling like
I'm a failure
For releasing 
This negative emotion.

As guilt 
And anger
Filled me.

In breaking
A taboo
I need removed
From my life.

And yet
It scares me
To do so.

Knowing
Will be forced
To face life
Without this filter.

In all
Of it's rawness
And intensity.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Not sure, if I should call this, a breakthrough session, in allowing some of my suppressed anger, to release, in a safe and controlled manner. In the past, people have reacted surprised, when I have let my anger loose. As if, they expect me, to not have any anger, within me, because I am slow to release it. 

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so know the feeling of stuffing one's emotions. They do have to come out sooner or later, and that was a good setting for it. Way to go! I hope you get yourself some little treats during the holidays, Therisa, and that you and the kitties have some cozy times indoors escaping the freezing weather. Take good care. I look forward to reading you in 2017, kiddo.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...