Friday 7 October 2016

Storm Front (September 28, 2016)

Can feel it
Eating away
Like a cancerous growth
On my soul.

Its taint growing
Ever darker
With passing day
I breathe.

Each tsunami
Grows larger
In the emotional impact
They have
Upon me.

Slowly
My soul's shoreline
Is being eroded
Under this barrage
Of tears.

Forcing me
To flee
Ever deeper
Inwards
Into my inner shell.

Stopping
One step short
Of the ultimate out.

As my soul
Whither away
Like some strange fruit
On a tree branch.

Awaiting my body
To join it
In embracing Death
For one last time.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: I wrote this poem, during the wee hours of morning, on September 28, 2016, as I struggled with my sleep, after a brutal and very emotional weekend, previously, for the second straight weekend. Not sure, which is worse, the constant lack of sound sleep, or the emotional yo-yoing, I have been experiencing. 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...