Friday 26 August 2016

Cost Of A Day Out (August 26, 2016)

Price
I must pay
For a day
On the town.

Surrounded
By crowds 
Of people.

Enjoying
A hot and humid
Summer's day
In the city.

Taking in
One final dash
Of Summer
Before Fall's arrival.

As the subway 
Is packed
With young families
For a fun day
At the "X"
(Canadian National Exhibition).

Later
The afternoon rush hour
Is mixed
With commuters
Heading home.

And baseball fans
Convening on
The Roger's Center.

Hoping for
A Blue Jay victory
Over the visiting Angels.

Only 
To lost
6-3.

As my soul
Is slowly drained
Leaving me
Exhausted.

Wanting
To curl up 
And hide away
From society
For the next 2 days.

Until 
My body's batteries
Are recharged.

The toll extracted
Whenever
I'm surrounded
By crowds.

Upon 
My introverted 
Anxious soul.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Yesterday, I had an appointment with my therapy, during the afternoon, and thought, I would visit a close friend, on the way, back home. Never expecting the visit would last later than 11 pm, when I got home, to my apartment, after seeing the film, Suicide Squad. Originally, I thought, the visit would last, until the downtown rush, would be over, for the Jays/Angels game, at the Roger Center. As the film,I felt the various film characters were underwritten or the actors portrayed them, in the way, they are written, in the comic book, which the film is based upon. 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...