Friday 15 July 2016

Wearing Fur, With Pride (July 11, 2016)

Oh Squeak
My love.

You think
I would've learnt
By now.

Softly
Chiding myself
As I brush off
Your excess fur
From my dark top
Again.

But
Holding you
Against my upper body.

Your head
Resting on
My shoulder.

Sound of purring
As my head rests
Against your broad shoulders
Petting your long body.

Fills me
With an inner peace
No drug can give.

Having removed
The more severe clumps
From the shirt
Before heading out
The apartment door.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: As anyone, who lives, with a cat or a dog, knows, you can't escape, from home, without wearing some bit of fur, upon your clothing. Almost, a badge of honour, in showing your love and pride, to the little ones, in your life.

And yes, no animal was harmed or killed, during the writing of this poem. Unless, you feel kissing a cat, upon its forehead, an act of violence.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...