Tuesday 12 July 2016

Through The Valleys (July 12, 2016)

Wish
I could describe
What it means
To be me.

In conveying
The journey
I have undertaken
Just reaching here
At this moment.

Of countless tears
And bloody cuts
Upon my body
And soul.

Of the dark valleys
I have found myself
Trapped
Within.

Raging rivers
Of tears
Carve
Ever deeper
Into my soulscape.

Washing
Parts of my soul
Into the gathering darkness
That threatens 
To consume me.

One piece
At a time.

Of the repressed anger
That burns
With white hot embers.

In fuelling 
Those flames
Of depression
And self-hatred.

To the point
The inner darkness
Blocks out
All light sources.

Sinking
Ever deeper
Into the depth
Of despair.

With
No hope
Of return.

And yet
For reasons unknown
I have moved
Forward.
 
Even though
Death remains
A step behind.

Awaiting
That final dance.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...