Saturday 30 July 2016

Distant Echoes (July 30, 2016)

Can still hear
Mom and dad
Shouting
At each other.

Guilt fills 
My 6 years old
Soul.

Like
I am responsible
For their verbal fight
That happening
Before me.

Even now
Almost 4 decades 
Later.

The guilt
Still haunts me.

As tears 
Threat to overflow
My tear ducts.

Gushing forth
Like Niagara Falls
Regardless
Of my location
In a public area.

Leaving me
Brimming with curses
At my long term memory
And its ability
To retain them.

Wishing for
Total amnesia
Of any long term
Memory.

Failing that
Then
Death.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: For more years, than I care to remember, my long term memory has been able to retains events that I would rather have erased. One of the huge disadvantage of this, is a "Swiss" cheese like short term memory, which I have forgotten numerous conversations, after I or the other person has left. As a teenager, my mom stopped asking me, to get anything from the downstairs pantry, as I would forget her request, by the time, I got to the pantry. 

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...