Thursday 16 June 2016

The Pull Of Darkness (June 16, 2016)

Can feel it
Flowing
Throughout
My body.

Self-doubt.

Questioning
My very sanity
Of the steps
I am taken.

As echoes
Of past abusers
Shout
At deafening levels
In my mind.

With homophobic
And transphobic
Thoughts.

Degrading
My entire life.

As if
It has no value
Worth saving.

And yet
I know
Differently
Without thinking.

To do
Otherwise
Is Death.

Psychically
And physically.

To transition
Is the first
And most important
Step.

Of my holistic
Healing
For my body
And soul.

In breaking
Those strangling chains
Around me.

That almost
Claimed my life
A decade
Ago.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: July 1, 2016, will mark, a decade, since I came out, to my mom, and the final breaking of the abusive hold, she had, over me.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...