Monday 16 May 2016

Untitled (May 13, 2016)


You can
Call me
Nuts.

When
I say
Can hear them
Clearly.

As if
It was yesterday
They spoke
Their toxic words
To me.

And not
Decades
Ago.

Wish
I knew
Why I retain them
Over happier
Encouraging messages
Throughout my life.

Building lofty spires
Of happiness
And encouragement.

Instead of
The numerous graves
Pockmarking
My soulscape
I have dug.

Many
Still unfilled.

Those filled
Contain parts
Of my self-confidence
And self-esteem.

Without
Any ceremony
Or marker
Left behind.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Wrote this, on my way, to Friday's art program. Have been struggling with my emotions, lately, and a rising need to isolate myself, from the world, in all manners.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...