Thursday 19 May 2016

Thursday's Wanderings (May 19, 2016)


Know
Am not
The first
To share.

What it means
To be trans
In a cis-world.

Nor pretend
That I am.

Just too dumb
To keep
My mouth shut
About the injustices
And barriers
My community faces.

In breaking
The deadly silence
We have kept
For too long.

Out of shame
And justifiable fear
Of attracting
Even more
Negative attention.

From those
Filled with blind hate
And ignorance.
 
Guess
I reached
That point
In my life.

Either
Continue running
Or stop
And stand my ground.

Figuring
I had nothing more
To lose
Anyways.

In cutting out
What I was taught
Is more important
Part of my life:

My family.

For health reasons
Mentally
And physically.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Almost 11years, the moderator of my Male to Female support group, suggested, I should start writing a journal or something, to deal with the struggles, I was facing, as I attempted to transition, at work. Like anybody, who heard, a smart and reasonable suggestion, I resisted and prognosticated, for almost a year, afterwards, until March 30, 2007, when I posted my written first poem, since leaving high school, in 1990. And the rest, is history, as they say.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...