Thursday 5 May 2016

The Slow Dive (May 5, 2016)

Long suppress
Building layer
After layer
Like an oyster.

Until
A harden core
Is formed.

Although
Invisible
To the naked eye.

It sits
And festers
Turning inwards
Cannibalizing
Any positive thoughts.

As the years
Pass on
Like a cancerous growth.

In poisoning
One's soul
With this inner darkness.

Where
One finds
Their body drowning
In a sea
Of rancid molasses.

While
Words like hope
And dreams
Are only found
In the dictionary.

Who's meaning
Are long lost
To the soul.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note:  I started writing this poem, yesterday, on my way home, from my psycho-therapy session. Will admit, my head space was very dark and filled with angry memories, that need to be release, in a safe and constructive manner.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...