Monday 2 May 2016

Moving Beyond Isolation (May 1, 2016)

Please excuse me
If I come across
As being
Ungrateful
To you.

Still struggling
To accept
People
Who are nice
To me.

Not
Because
They have
A dark motive.
Rather
They give
A damn
About me
As a person.
Something
That is new
And scary
In my life.
In having
Someone
Standing by
As I gear up
To fight
My battles.
Too often
In the past
Have been made
To feel like
I was imposing
On others.

A hopeless loser
Who deserves
Everything
That's coming
(Usually bad).

By asking
For help.

As I breakdown
My defensive walls
And the negative thoughts
Built
Over a lifetime.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Inspired, by several conversations, which I had, over the last two days of April. Leaving me, feeling shocked and surprised, at the level of verbal support, I was hearing, being expressed to me, in clear and definite terms.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...