Monday 30 May 2016

In Doubt (May 30, 2016)

Gentle tapping
Upon the keyboard
As the words flow
Before me
On the computer screen.

Releasing
Unconscious thoughts
Without realizing it.

Often wonder
Why people read
My minimalist poems
About my daily life
And the things
That grab
My attention.

Know
For most people
Am exotic curiosity
Outside of
Their experiences.

In being
A minority
Of a minority.

Often
Abused
And targeted
With hatred.

What power
Does my words have
That makes people
Want to read them?

Beyond
The exotic nature
Of whom
I am.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: There are times, which I question, why people read my poems, at all. Knowing, I don't have the technical skill or polish that others have, in their writing. This is, one such time.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...