Monday 16 May 2016

Days Of Darkness (May 16, 2016)

The late Spring Sun
Spills over
Toronto
Bathing it
In its brightness
And promised warmth.

And yet
For some
Like myself.

It harkens
Another day
Of inner darkness
And battle
With mental illness.

Wanting
To leave behind
This cavernous hole
That I find myself
Hiding in.

Each step
Towards 
The entrance's lip
My levels of dread
And anxiety
Rises.

Nailing me
To the spot
Just short
Of my apartment door.

As if
Another crippling bout
Of agoraphobia
Is preparing
To strike.

It's fangs
Deep
Into me.

Memories
Still fresh
Of the last bout
That lasted
The Summer of 2014.

Fearing
A command performance
As a virtual prisoner
Trapped.

Within
The mental walls
Of my mind
For another prolong
Run.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Can feel myself, slipping away, into an agoraphobic Hell, once more. As, it's getting harder, to stay out of my apartment and not be triggered, by other people, when outside of it.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...