Monday 16 May 2016

Beyond The Hole (May 14, 2016)

Am not
A vengeful person
Given the path
My life has
Been forced
To follow.

Nor
Do I seek it.

Instead
Have internalized
This very negative
And destructive energy
Within my body.

Surprising people
At the release
Of my anger
At someone.

As if
Mt St Helen's
Had exploded
Without warning.

Honestly
Am very willing
To overlook
A lot of things
And move on.

And yet
People are shocked
Never seeing
The tattletale signs
Of an impending venting
Before them.

Am I
So opaque
No one sees
Anything?

Or being taken
For granted.

Like Mikey
In the old Life cereal
Commercials.

Who'll eat
Anything
Placed
Before him.

Damn
These pigeonholes
That people place us
Into.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...