Tuesday 22 March 2016

Through The Looking Glass (March 21, 2016)

www.fggam.org

Am
At the 519
Looking at their board
Of help programs
And finding myself
Lost.

In that
There are no programs
Which match
My specific needs.

Oh
There's programs
For depression
Abuse survivors
And PTSD.

But
Geared for those
Who are male
(Or identify
As male).

In having
A substance abuse
Or alcohol
Problem.

Honestly
Never felt
This need
To ever inject
Or snort drugs.

And alcohol
Can't stand
Its taste
Or how
My body reacts
To it.

So why
Do I feel like
Am being punished
For avoiding
These pitfalls?

As I slip
Through the cracks
Landing in
"No-man's land"
(Pun intended).

Scrambling
To create
A patchwork network
Of support.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: The 519, is  a community centre that operates, in Toronto's Gay Village, while supporting local needs, it serves, as an outlet, for the LGBT+ community, in the greater Toronto area. Its actual address is, 519 Church Street, hence, its name.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...