Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Good-bye (March 1, 2016)

www.brands-list.com



A flower was
Offered to me
With a "Dear Joan" letter.


The flower
A single white rose.


Laying
Beside it
On the kitchen table.


You may think
I'm being selfish
For writing these words
To you.

But
I don't care
Anymore.

For I have
Given you
My best years.

Without
A second thought.

Only
To have you
Repay me
In this way.



Why
Didn't you tell me
About your struggles?

Did you think
I couldn't handle this?

Given
The Hell
We have walked
Through
Together.

Oh
My love.

You know
I would never
Shower you
In pity.

But
Offer you
A shoulder or two
To cry upon
When needed.

Now
Only memories
Are left.

As I see
Your solution
To your problem
Before me.

Needing
To call
911.

Good bye
My love.


Therisa © 2016



Author's note: Yeah, I know, this poem is a downer, but right now, am feeling very depressed. And is, reflective of my mood.


Am sorry, if I have caused any concerns about me, in regards, to this fictional poem. I have never found myself, in such, a situation.






12 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh yes, I know these feelings. So hard to be left with a letter and a rose, instead of a conversation and attempt to resolve emotions. The person was not brave enough to face the music. You are walking through a sad time. Nothing hurts as much as the loss of love. I admire the lack of anger, and the loving tone of this poem. Wow.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Poignant yet beautiful.

Mary said...

Yes, you have spoken with kindness about what was a very painful experience. Losing love IS painful, but when it all comes to an end accompanied by a flower the ending must hurt even more.

Therisa's World said...

Thank you, Sherry. Must admit, the entire poem is fictional. Just how my creative energy took me, on Tuesday. As for the anger, it'll come later, for the narrator. Right now, she's still, in shock, for her discovery.

Therisa's World said...

Thank you, Sanaa, wasn't sure, if I had crossed the line, with this fictional poem.

Therisa's World said...

I can only imagine, Mary, having never been, in this position, myself. I do know, there are services that send a former love, a black rose, as the announcement to end of an relationship.

Susan said...

Another reason that people leave roses--to soften the blow! But nothing softens the blow, and sometimes the rose left is a snide comment on what is lost. What a hit-and-run poem!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Very well expressed.

Anonymous said...

"Through
Together"

This is certainly a reality for a lot of relationships. Together, but through. At the same time, there's a slightly different connotation to being through, but still being together. As if the latter means the relationship can withstand even a breakup because there's a solid friendship at the heart.

Sumana Roy said...

I enjoyed this travel with 'a flower was offered to me'...

Jae Rose said...

It is much better to write about how we feel than keep quiet - i applaud you for doing so and you wrote an honest and insightful poem that i am sure many can connect with..keep safe

Therisa's World said...

Thanks, Jae.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...