Wednesday 9 March 2016

Some Sanity, Please (March 6, 2016)

www.cp24.com
Dear Powers To Be;

Am writing this
In protest
Over this winter's
Weather.

Is it
Asking too much
From You
For consistency?

Am
So sick and tired
Of feeling like
A ping pong ball
Being bounced
All over the place.

Never knowing
If I should
Be dressing up
In multiple layers
For the coldest day
Of winter.

Or
Breaking out
From storage
My Summer clothes
And sunscreen lotion
With a SPF of 1000
For my body.

A heavy sigh
Escapes
As I wonder.

Will we get
Any Spring
This year.

Or
Go straight away
Into
A long hot Summer.

With little
To no relief
From the needed
Spring showers.

I hope not.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: We were told, this year's winter, would be, an El Nino, never expecting an Artic Vortex that would be our guest, for February. As the weather bounced around. In one week, the temperatures jumped, from 14.8 C to -20something C, as the city of Toronto Public Health, declared an extreme cold warning, for the following 2 days. This is extreme, even for Canada.

1 comment:

Maude Lynn said...

That sounds miserable!

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...