Tuesday 15 March 2016

Burning Of The Soul (March 11, 2016)

livingmypassion.wordpress.com

Tonight
I saw
What I could be
If I let my anger
Take me.

And it
Scares me
Big time.

To think
Within myself
The destructive energy
Resides.

Awaiting
To consume me
If I let it.

By expressing it
As external energy
Rather than
Internally
Like I do.

That burns like
A hot red poker taken
From the forge
Of ire
And applied
To the soul.

Burning the flesh
Away.

Until
Nothing remains
But scar tissue.

Something
I refuse
To let happen
By not walking
This path of Death.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Last Friday (March 11, 2016), I attend, the first meeting of my Male to Female support group, in over 2 years, at the 519 (a community centre that supports the LGBT+ community, in the greater Toronto area, located, in the heart of Toronto's Gay Village). During the meeting, I found myself, exposing the raw pain and anger, I have within myself, normally, have suppressed. It wasn't a pretty sight, to see.

As I refuse to let, either, my mother, or my brother, get away Scott-free, from the emotional and physical pain, they have caused, over the years.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...