Saturday 30 January 2016

Putting My Pen Down (January 27, 2016)


Um
Excuse me
Star
This is not
Your bed.

But
My writing book
You're claiming
For yourself.

As I
Madly
Write down
My scribbles 
Upon its pages.

That few people
Can read
Without an atomic microscope
To magnify
My handwriting.

Honestly
Do you mind
This small space
Of mine
Star?

When
You have
My entire apartment
At your disposal.

To do
As you
Please with.


Therisa © 2016


Author's note: Sigh. What can I say, cats rule. Star, unlike Venus and Squeak, who love to use my writing books, as a scratchpads, Star, only wants to sleep on it, while I am writing, during the night's late hours, into the wee hours of the morning.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yes, so very true...of dogs as well! They (cats & dogs) have their own minds, they rule, and I suppose we allow them to. Smiles!

Stormcat Poetry said...

Well cats do tend to demand a lot of center of attention time and you do seem to be paying a lot of attention to that writing book so what do you expect lol

dsnake1 said...

cats do not care about rules and regulations.
perhaps Star is really trying to read your writings?

Therisa's World said...

I wish, dsnake1, but ever since, Star has become, a part of my life, she has felt this need to be close to me, if not, outright touching me, with her body. Part of the fact, I am, the first human that hasn't abused or abandoned her.

Therisa's World said...

It's this time of night, which my brain won't calm down, so I can sleep, I find myself, writing a lot of my poem. Call it, a gift, from my PTST.

Therisa's World said...

Thank you, Mary. Hope your little ones, are behaving themselves. They look so adorable, in the photos, you have posted, on your blog.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...